What is Smart Lighting and how does it Work?
Smart lighting is a way to use ambient lighting without having to touch the switch; you can use your cell phone through an app or a voice command. In addition to turning the lights on or off, you can increase or decrease the brightness of the light. You can choose the colour from millions of shades and create pre-programmed scenarios that make the environment more beautiful and elegant.
Have you ever seen a house with smart lighting, as in New Metro City? In case you haven’t seen it, it’s a very practical feature that makes the environment more modern as well as comfortable and cozy.
This type of lighting is home automation, but without the need for a specialist technician to install and configure, as it is easy to install and practical to use. Every year home automation, including lighting, is growing, and this is great because, with this growth, the values are more affordable, and the process of installation and use is more technological and easier.
Advantages of Smart Lighting
With smart lighting, you can have a variety of light colour variations, as many “smart” lamps use RGB colours, providing a multitude of colours to choose from. This even contributes to the final touch of decoration, as you give a personalized highlight to each piece of furniture or corner of your environment.
Another advantage is the use of the “temperature” of light when they are dimmable. You can increase or decrease the light intensity in the environment. Putting it weaker, in the “yellowish” style, for a moment of relaxation, when going to see a movie or putting a child to sleep, or
increasing and putting the maximum brightness for moments of focus and concentration on some activity, such as studying, for example.
And one more very practical advantage that helps to save energy: you can turn the lights on or off from your cell phone, wherever you are. That way, you will no longer have the problem of having forgotten a light bulb when you leave for work or travel.
If you’re out for work or travel, with this technology, you can turn the lights on or off wherever you are. What’s more, you can use a timer, putting the lights on or off at the time you set, helping you wake up, or turning off the lighting in a shop window without having to go to the place, for example. Forgotten lamps lit? Never.
Don’t want to get home in the dark or want a light on to help you wake up? With this technology, you can program the lighting wherever you are, choosing when the lights in your home will turn on or off.
Some lights have music function they change their lights as per the rhythm and colour.
What are some smart lights to be considered in 2022 ?
Here are some top picks which you can invest in without worrying. However, some of these lights are even used in famous smart cities projects like Blue World City.
1. Halonix Wi-Fi Enabled Smart LED Bulb 12W B22 (16 Million Colors + Warm White/Neutral White/White)
2. Crompton Immensa Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb E27 9 Watt (16 Million Colors + Warm White/Neutral White/White + Dimmable & Tunable)
3. Mi LED Smart Color Bulb (B22) – (16 Million Colors + 11 Years Long Life + Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant)
4. Bajaj 9W WiFi Smart LED Bulb (16 Million Colors) (Compatible with Amazon and Google Alexa)
5. Amazon Brand – Solimo Wi-Fi Smart Light, 9W, B22 Holder, Alexa Enabled (Yellow/Light Yellow/White)
6. Havells Glamax Smart Bulb 9W E27 Lamp
7. Syska Wi-Fi Enabled Smart LED Bulb B22 7-Watt (16 Million Colors)
8. Philips Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb E27 9-Watt WiZ Connected (16 Million Colors + Warm White/Neutral White/White + Dimmable + Pre-set modes)
9. Wipro WiFi Enabled Smart LED Bulb B22 9-Watt (16 Million Colors + Warm White/Neutral White/White)
10. Philips Hue 9.5W E27 Smart Bulb (White Ambiance )
Recommended Reading: 25 Beautiful Modern Wall Lights to Decorate Your Interior
Did you like this article?
Share it on any of the following social media channels below to give us your vote. Your feedback helps us improve.