The word “remodel” means to improve or make something better than before. In today’s world where everything is being automated, we find ourselves spending less time cooking. So, if we have the choice between eating out or cooking at home, then choosing the latter option will save us time and money. If you are planning to buy a house or apartment, then kitchen remodelling might just be what you are looking for. Whether you want to add to your existing kitchen and make it bigger or replace the old appliances with modern ones, kitchen remodelling may just be right for you.
Tips To consider before Kitchen Renovation
Nowadays, there are a lot of kitchen renovation companies offering various kitchen remodelling services. Their designs range from standard kitchens with basic amenities to fully-equipped gourmet kitchens. As long as you choose wisely, you should be able to get exactly what you want without breaking the bank.
The top 4 tips below will help you with your kitchen makeover project.
1. Start Small
If you have no idea what kind of kitchen design you want, then you should definitely go for simplicity first.
- Choose the best cabinets, appliances, flooring, and colour scheme before trying to incorporate any additional features later on.
2. Consider Your Budget
Once you have determined what your kitchen looks like, it is now time to decide how much money you have allotted for the entire project.
- Remember that quality materials and labour costs should be taken into account.
- Take note of all the expenses that are associated with the renovation, including landscaping, structural work, plumbing, electrical, heating and cooling system. Now you can easily visualize your budget.
3. Know What You Want
Before deciding on your options, you should really know what you want.
- Do you want granite countertops? How many cabinets would you need? Would you prefer stainless steel appliances or brushed nickel ones? Once you have answered these questions, it will be easier for you to narrow down your choices.
4. Look Around You
This tip is closely related to the previous one. If you are considering remodelling your kitchen, it is recommended that you tour different kitchen showrooms located near your area.
- These showrooms often stock high-end kitchen equipment and supplies, and you can see what kinds of things you can expect from your remodelling job. You can also ask them for ideas on how to use your new kitchen appliances effectively.
- So, whether you are planning to build your own kitchen or just want to update your existing one, these tips should help you in making the right decision.
Ways to Remodel your Kitchen
1. Create a Kitchen Decor
The first thing you should do before remodelling your kitchen is making sure you have a clear vision of what you want your kitchen to look like.
- A good idea is to draw out your layout on paper using graph paper. If you don’t have any paper, use construction paper. You might even consider doing some sketches from memory if you aren’t certain about your ideas.
- Once you’ve got everything down on paper, go ahead and start painting! Paint that won’t mess up your countertops.
- Remember to make note of where the sink is going to be located and how much space is left between appliances.
2. Kitchen Cabinets– Affordable Kitchen Remodel
You’ll probably need to purchase cabinets now just to get them installed properly.
- Make sure the size you choose fits your counter space and kitchen style.
- Some things to keep in mind while purchasing your kitchen cabinets are that they should be sturdy and durable, able to handle heavy loads of food and have plenty of storage space. Also, they shouldn’t cost a fortune.
There are many different types of materials you could use for your countertops.
- Granite is extremely popular among homeowners today. However, granite can be quite expensive depending on the type you choose, so save yourself some money by opting for granite tiles instead.
- These are typically cheaper than granite slabs and can still give your kitchen a granite appearance.
- Another option would be to install butcher blocks or corkboards over your current counters! You can find these at local home improvement stores or online retailers.
- Wood laminate tops are also a great choice for those who prefer something more subtle than granite or stone
When furnishing your kitchen with appliances, avoid buying cheap ones and make sure you buy quality appliances.
- While it may seem tempting to spend little money on appliances, you’re really not getting anything special unless you shell out lots of cash.
- Buy a refrigerator, stove, microwave, and dishwasher that can help you prepare meals, cook, and clean efficiently, respectively
Lighting is often overlooked when it comes to renovations.
- In my opinion, lighting is one of the most budget kitchen remodel & it is also a crucial aspect when it comes to cooking or baking, particularly when preparing sweets.
- Since your appliances are already here, you can use them for lighting as well. For instance, if you plan on keeping your existing fridge, you can always mount LED lights onto it and put it near the door.
- This way, you can illuminate your foods throughout the day and night without having to worry about extra electricity costs.
While renovating your bathroom or installing a new shower isn’t exactly a major undertaking, plumbing can be tricky if you’re not careful. That said, there are several things you can do to ensure that the work goes smoothly.
- First, check your pipes for leaks, then replace any worn rubber washers or O-rings. Next, check your faucet handles for corroded metal. Lastly, install a water filter to prevent sediment build-up.
Flooring is arguably the easiest project in your kitchen renovation since you don’t have much room to manoeuvre.
- There are two basic types: hardwood and carpet. Hardwood floors are considered classic, but they can be very expensive.
- Carpet is inexpensive and a good alternative, though its lifespan is shorter than hardwood. Either way, you’ll want to take the time to research flooring options so you know what works best with your kitchen décor.
8. Include storage options
- While open shelves work great for storing frequently used items near the countertops, they aren’t practical for everything. A dedicated island gives you ample space for additional cabinets, drawers, and shelving units.
- Consider adding built-in cabinets and drawers for stowing away smaller, less visible items
Recommended Reading: 50 Mesmerizing Best Tv Unit Design For Your Space
Did you like this article?
Share it on any of the following social media channels below to give us your vote. Your feedback helps us improve.