When choosing bedroom plant, it is important to consider their therapeutic properties. Plants have always been used as natural air purifiers, and there are many varieties that can do this effectively
What are Good Bedroom Plants?
There are many different types of plants that can be good choices for a bedroom, as they can help purify the air, add oxygen, and promote a sense of calm and relaxation. Some popular options include:
- Snake Plant: Snake plants are one of the most efficient plants at purifying the air and removing toxins, they also don’t require a lot of light to thrive.
- Spider Plant: Spider plants are another great air-purifying plant, they are easy to care for and have long, trailing leaves that can add a touch of greenery to any room.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe vera plants have a number of health benefits, they release oxygen at night and absorb carbon dioxide which helps in getting better sleep.
- English Ivy: English ivy is a trailing plant that is known for its ability to remove toxins from the air and it’s also great for humidifying a room.
- Peace Lily: Peace lilies are beautiful plants that are known for their ability to purify the air, they also bloom with white flowers, adding a touch of elegance to any bedroom.
- Bamboo Palm: The bamboo palm is a tall, tropical plant that is great for removing toxins from the air and it also adds a touch of the jungle vibe to the room.
- Jasmine: Jasmine plants are known for their beautiful, fragrant flowers and their ability to promote relaxation and aid sleep.
Snake plant, Dracaena, Golden Pothos, Snake Plant are also some other plants that are good for bedrooms, as they’re easy to care for, and can help purify the air
Why are Plants Good in the Bedroom?
There are several reasons why plants are good in the bedroom.
- Air purification: Many plants, such as snake plants, spider plants, and aloe vera, can help to purify the air by removing pollutants and toxins. They absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen, which can help to improve the quality of the air in your bedroom.
- Stress and anxiety reduction: Research suggests that plants can have a positive impact on mental health by reducing stress and anxiety. Seeing plants in the bedroom can promote feelings of calm and relaxation, which can aid in getting better sleep.
- Improved sleep: Plants can also help to improve sleep by releasing oxygen during the night, which can promote deeper and more restful sleep. Additionally, many plants emit a soothing scent, which can help to relax the mind and body and make it easier to fall asleep.
- Humidity and temperature control: Some plants such as English Ivy, Bamboo Palm and Ferns can help to regulate humidity levels and temperature in the bedroom, which can help to create a more comfortable and healthy environment.
- Aesthetics: they add a touch of nature and life to any room, and can be used to bring color, texture, and a natural element to the bedroom.
- Improve Concentration and Productivity: Plants are known to have a positive impact on concentration, mood, and productivity. Having plants in the bedroom can help to boost focus and productivity during the day, and also help to create a relaxing atmosphere in the evening
Which Plants are Bad for Bedrooms?
While many plants can be beneficial for the bedroom, there are a few plants that may not be well-suited for this environment. Some plants can release volatile organic compounds (VOCs) at night, which can be harmful to health or cause allergic reactions. Other plants may have strong scents or emit too much moisture which can affect air quality or sleep. Here are a few examples of plants that may not be the best choice for a bedroom:
- Jasmine: While jasmine is known for its fragrant flowers, it can also release VOCs at night, which can be harmful to health and affect sleep.
- Bamboo Palm: Bamboo palm can release too much moisture into the air, which can cause mold or mildew issues.
- Some of the succulents such as cacti: Some species of cacti like the tall saguaro cactus, emit a lot of humidity, which can make the air in the room heavy and humid.
- Night-blooming plants: Some plants such as the night-blooming cereus, emits a strong fragrance and can release VOCs during the night which can affect sleep.
- Rubber Trees: Rubber trees are known for releasing VOCs that can be harmful to health and may cause allergic reactions.
- Citrus Plants: Citrus plants like lemon, orange and grapefruit trees emit a strong scent which can be overwhelming when placed inside a bedroom.
10 Stylish and Affordable Bedroom Plant and Greenery Ideas
Here are ten stylish and affordable bedroom plant and greenery ideas:
- Hanging terrariums: Hanging terrariums are a stylish and affordable way to add greenery to your bedroom. You can use glass orbs or light bulbs to create a unique and eye-catching terrarium that can be hung from the ceiling.
2. String of pearls: A string of pearls is a trailing plant that can be hung or placed on shelves, and it is a great way to add greenery to a small space.
3. Air plants: Air plants are unique, low-maintenance plants that can be displayed on a table or hanging from a wall. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes and can be used in a variety of ways to add greenery to your bedroom.
4. Moss balls: Moss balls are a stylish and affordable way to add greenery to your bedroom. They can be displayed in a bowl or on a wall-mounted shelf, and they require minimal care.
5. Succulents: Succulents are low-maintenance, drought-resistant plants that come in a variety of shapes and sizes. They can be used to create a small garden on a windowsill or in a container on a nightstand.
6. Ferns: Ferns are stylish, low-maintenance, and affordable plants that can be used to create a tropical, jungle-like feel in a bedroom.
7. Pothos: Pothos is a trailing vine that can be trained to grow up a wall or hung in a basket, it’s easy to care for and adds greenery to a room.
8. Mini cactus: Mini cacti are cute and affordable plants, they come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and can be displayed in a container on a nightstand or windowsill.
9. Spider plants: Spider plants are easy to care for and can be used to create a hanging garden in a bedroom.
10. Ivy: Ivy plants are affordable and versatile plants that can be used to create a beautiful green wall, or trained to grow around a mirror or window.
Recommended Reading: Fabulous Living Room Interior Decor Ideas for Every Home
Did you like this article?
Share it on any of the following social media channels below to give us your vote. Your feedback helps us improve.